Popeye takes three of his nephews on a visit to a Nautical Museum. They come across a colossal statue of Sindbad, with the inscription "Greatest Sailor in the World", upon which Popeye relates the events of Popeye the Sailor Meets Sindbad the Sailor to the kids. They then proceed to re-chisel the statue into an image of Popeye, with the 'Greatest Sailor in the World' inscription left intact.
- Most of the cartoon consists of reused footage from the Fleischer two-reeler Popeye the Sailor Meets Sindbad the Sailor, with new wraparound animation and a new soundtrack.
- In the Public Domain in the United States.
- A restored original print is available in some PD compilation DVDs.
- Second of two Famous cartoons where Popeye appears in the outfit he wears in the first two "Popeye Color Specials" and various other Fleischer cartoons, the same one from the original comics.
- Big Bad Sindbad at the Internet Movie Database